Saturday, November 28, 2009

Normal for long hair to become lighter/thinner?

I used to have really long thick hair, but I have noticed that latelly it has become much thinner and small stands come out when I have tuggy hair or washing it. and I am worried as I am 18 and fear I will go bald :o Anyways, I brush my hair a lot and tend to wash it everyday. Would this be the reason why my hair has become thinner/lighter? and how can I thicken it up again? :[ Also poor diet could be the cause, which foods would help it improve?



Normal for long hair to become lighter/thinner?

Well, you know the difference between the normal amount that has come out everyday of your life and the new amount coming out. So, if anyone tells you it is normal than that is for you and only you to decide.



I have had this problem before in my life and it was due to hormones. Go to your doctor and get a spit test to see if your hormone levels are normal. The other things that can cause your hair to fall out - stress, pregnancy(hormones), thyroid problems (which would also have the symptoms of weight gain and exhaustion) and of course bad diet.



Take a multivitamin and drink enough water everyday. If you are still worried than go to the doctor.



If you don't want to talk to your doctor than ask your hair dresser for the best product that goes with your hair. There are a few thickening shampoos.



Good luck and don't worry because that will make more fall out... eeek. jk.



Normal for long hair to become lighter/thinner?

Yes, over brushing can do more damage than good. The more brushing you do, the more strands that break. Also, when you wash everyday with shampoo you end up stripping your hair of it's natural oils.



From my own personal experience, I've noticed that during the summer, my hair grows more. Usually, since I tend to eat more vegetables, work out more, drink more water, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton